Friday, October 25, 2013

What Halloween Means To Me '13 Day 25: Jim Wynorski


Without Jim Wynorski, the B movie landscape would be a very different place.  This is a man with a true appreciation of the art form and an auteur who taught us all the basics of making a good bad movie; minimal budget, a little blood, and lots of tits.  His career has included bona fide horror classics like Chopping Mall and The Haunting of Morella (mmmmm, Lana Clarkson), Syfy originals like Piranhaconda and Dino-croc vs Super-Gator, softcore horror parodies like The Bare Wench Project and House on Hooter Hill, straight up sleaze like The Busty Cops series, and everything in between.  I freakin’ love Busty Cops Go Hawaiian, by the way.  No, seriously.  E equals MC Hammer, baby!  With a list like that, I’d be willing to bet that there’s more than one Wynorski flick in all of your collections.  He was the subject of a documentary back in 2009 called Popatopolis, which I haven’t been able to get my hands on a copy of yet (hint, hint) but really want to see.  He has an upcoming film called Scared Topless, which absolutely sounds like my kinda movie!  Keep an eye out for that one.  So Jim, what does Halloween mean to you?


“What does Halloween mean to me? What a question. Thinking about it, I suppose it's the childhood memories of dressing up in costume, watching black & white horror movies on TV and going out door-to-door 'trick or treating' in my small town neighborhood.
I lived in a rural area, and it was not uncommon to see scare-crows guarding pumpkin patches as the Fall season approached. The chill in the air and the colored leaves added to the atmospheric effect. As a kid, I wanted to believe in witches on broomsticks, scary black cats, and hordes of bats flying ominously past a large cold moon.
It's not really a holiday, but I still like to think of it as one. A day dedicated to scary creatures, smiling jack-o-lanterns and things that go bump in the night. Boo!!!!”

 6 more days ‘til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  6 more days ‘til Halloween, Silver Shamrock.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...