Saturday, October 27, 2012

What Halloween Means To Me Day 23: Mark Patton



What?  A guy included in Scream Queen Weekend?  That’s right Cellmates.  Mark Patton, aka Jesse Walsh from Nightmare on Elm Street 2, was awarded the official “Scream Queen” title at Days of the Dead, taking the stage alongside other great horror leading…um, ladies.  I could sit here and go over the whole “NOES 2 as the gay Nightmare” and the subtext and how Jesse was a traditional female role, but that’s all been beaten to death, so you can go elsewhere for that.  Actually, watch Never Sleep Again for that.  For my money, it’s the best horror documentary ever made.  Anyway, Mark was also my second ever on camera interview, was a pleasure to talk to, and is a genuinely nice guy.  You can check that interview out HERE.  He's also revisited Jesse, writing a series of "lost journals" that chronicle the character's thoughts during the movie and continue the story in some very surprising ways.  Nightmare fans can read a whole new chapter in the Elm Street saga HERE.  So Mark, what does Halloween mean to you?

"I loved Halloween as a child, as it allowed me to free myself of ordinary life and make myself into the fantastic creature I really am.  Of course as an actor I got to dress as many different people and experience that joy as a profession.  As you know every good costume needs an audience and that is the role I enjoy most now.  I like to watch the children and the adults become kids again...and of course I am in control of the candy!"

4 more days ‘til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  4 more days ‘til Halloween.  Silver Shamrock!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...