Saturday, May 26, 2012

Own a piece of Galaxy of Terror.

In my opinion, there is no cooler movie collectible than something that actually appeared onscreen. That, added to the fact that it's from one of my favorite movies of all time, makes this a collectible opportunity I'm truly excited about and have to share with you Cellmates. Now you, yes you, can own an authentic piece of Taaffe O'Connell's uniform from Galaxy of Terror. I'm going to go ahead and assume that I don't have to discuss the flick itself. If I thought any of you have missed out on this classic for all this time, I just might cry. Did I mention that I love that movie?
In the first part of the interview I conducted with Taaffe at Days of the Dead (which you can see HERE) she told the story of how, in the middle of filming Galaxy of Terror, she met Roger Corman for the first time. She fell and nearly killed Roger, tearing her pants in the process. She was allowed to keep the damaged pants as a souvenir, and now she's giving 20 lucky fans a chance to own a piece of those pants.
Here's mine...

See? How cool is that? It's numbered limited edition. There's only 20 of these. I'm not sure if they all have the same picture or not. I dig this one of Taaffe and Robert Englund. Each Pic/uniform piece comes in its own protective plastic case and is hand signed and numbered. The best part, you can get one of these for 40 bucks. Yes, just 40 bucks for a piece of drive-in/horror/sci-fi/Corman history. You know you want this.
To get one of your very own, you can email Taaffe herself at industryedge@adelphia.net, or you could send a check or money order to...
Canoco Publishing
11611 Chenault St. Ste. 118
Los Angeles, Ca 90049
I got number 11 of 20. My my calculations, that means there are only 9 of these left. Don't miss out on your opportunity to own this unique collectible. Sorry if I sound like one of those home shopping network jackasses, I'm just psyched that I got one of these insanely cool pieces and I want you guys to have a crack at the remaining ones. Oh, and if you haven't seen Galaxy of Terror, you have homework...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...